Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About Battery Capacity

I am using 20W adapter for nearly 4 months with my iPhone 11 and my battery capacity drop to 96%. Is this a matter of concern? And should I stick with 20W adapter or should I go for 5W or 12 W?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 1:16 AM

Any USB power brick will safely charge your phone provided it is good quality, like the Apple products. The phone will control the charge current, you just need to use a minimum 10Watt but you can use 100Watt Macbook brick if you want.

You should expect about 1% capacity drop per month for a phone where you use most of the battery charge in one day.

They are designed to give a minimum 500 full charge cycles (70 weeks if you use a full charge per day) before dropping to 80% So yours is about average.

Click on this link

iPhone Battery and Performance

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 1:16 AM in response to Iphoneuser302

Any USB power brick will safely charge your phone provided it is good quality, like the Apple products. The phone will control the charge current, you just need to use a minimum 10Watt but you can use 100Watt Macbook brick if you want.

You should expect about 1% capacity drop per month for a phone where you use most of the battery charge in one day.

They are designed to give a minimum 500 full charge cycles (70 weeks if you use a full charge per day) before dropping to 80% So yours is about average.

Click on this link

iPhone Battery and Performance

About Battery Capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.