Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro overheating after sleep

My iMac Pro is very hot in the morning after I wake it up from sleep. I have iStat menus and the CPU's are all in the 150s. It looks like sleep is just turning the fan off but the rest of the iMac pro is running, not sleeping. Via iStat menus I can manually control the fans so I put them on blast to cool the computer down after wakeup.

Also, through out the day the computer just feels hot. I can feel the heat radiating from the monitor. I should not be having these problems on a $5k "pro" computer. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 3:41 PM

Hello William,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with the temperature of your iMac Pro. Have you tried performing a SMC Reset for your Mac? If not, that's the best place to start.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Would you mind letting us know the exact model of iMac Pro you have? What's the current macOS version you have installed? You can locate this information by clicking the Apple Menu () in the top left corner and selecting About this Mac. Be sure that you don't provide the iMac's serial number.

Also, have you taken a look at Activity Monitor to see if there are any programs that could be impacting your iMac? Take a look at, View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac, for guidance on reviewing this information.

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 3:41 PM in response to William H. Bonney

Hello William,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with the temperature of your iMac Pro. Have you tried performing a SMC Reset for your Mac? If not, that's the best place to start.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Would you mind letting us know the exact model of iMac Pro you have? What's the current macOS version you have installed? You can locate this information by clicking the Apple Menu () in the top left corner and selecting About this Mac. Be sure that you don't provide the iMac's serial number.

Also, have you taken a look at Activity Monitor to see if there are any programs that could be impacting your iMac? Take a look at, View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac, for guidance on reviewing this information.

Best regards.

iMac Pro overheating after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.