Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted entry in blank mail message

New mail message in Apple Mail v14.0 running on Big Sur OS 11.1 pops up with email address in the BCC box of one of my contacts. I cannot get a blank message to appear. How do I permanently remove this unwanted BCC name?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:47 PM

Sorry but I have been able to resolve the issue. I had entered an incorrect email address (mine) in the contact's Vcard, and so instead of entering my name as the destination for BCC in all emails, it had the unwanted contacts name, but my email address. Sorry to have troubled the Community.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 8:47 PM in response to DLQC

Sorry but I have been able to resolve the issue. I had entered an incorrect email address (mine) in the contact's Vcard, and so instead of entering my name as the destination for BCC in all emails, it had the unwanted contacts name, but my email address. Sorry to have troubled the Community.

Mar 5, 2021 9:45 PM in response to DLQC

Hey there! Glad you figured it out! It’s usually an issue with a contact card you have. Another good location to check on the top menu is > Window > Previous Recipients, finding an email and deleting it from here prevents it from showing when sending an email. (Unless that data is in a contact card, or Siri is set to look for it, but these are all settings that can be changed). Cheers.

Unwanted entry in blank mail message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.