Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 MacBook Air Keeps Asking to Update Apple ID Setting

My MacBook is continually showing me the above message. When I then try log in with my Apple ID on the Mac from setting, it says my password is incorrect. It will not let me change my password as it says there is an error when I do so. I am logged into all the Apple things I need to be: iCloud, photos etc.. so the whole thing seems to be one big error which will not go away. I can log into Apple from the internet without any problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

I have just moved from Microsoft to get away from this sort of thing. It appears Apple have similar issues with these sorts of errors and bugs; not what I paid for! (Rant over.)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 5:38 AM

I think I have sorted it: I eventually managed to log out and log back into my apple iCloud account and it seems to have sorted the issue. Annoying though.

Now to try and sort out why my daughters iPod ear phones can't connect through bluetooth!

1 reply

2020 MacBook Air Keeps Asking to Update Apple ID Setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.