Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail app, how do I Increase (zoom in) displayed text size (not font).

My wife (a Mac book air user) has been struggling with the mail compose window. I have tried to find a way of increasing the size of the displayed text without increasing the font size, which changes the size of the text for the recipient. I've searched the forums with no luck, finally resorting to calling Apple support again today but there doesn't seem to be a solution. Has anyone resolved this issue? Why don't Apple address the issue?

Just to make sure I wasn't going mad, I checked in Thunderbird on my Ubuntu Linux machine and on my work PC running Windows 10 and using Outlook, no problem. I can zoom in and out with Command opt + and - (ctrl+alt on Linux/Windows of course). Is it time to give up on Apple mail software and install Thunderbird, it seems far better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:59 AM

You can zoom the entire screen or just a portion of it. See the settings in System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple mail app, how do I Increase (zoom in) displayed text size (not font).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.