Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring files to iTunes from Carbonite

I wanted to remove checkmark from one song in iTunes playlist... "advise" from internet suggested to hold ctrl key down when removing the checkmark which I did and "poof" I lost almost my entire library. Carbonite restored close to 900 files but they are saying the best way to restore files into iTunes is to uninstall and re-install. Is this correct? I still have songs in other playlists which Carbonite has "restored".... Seems like I might be creating another mess. Thanks

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 7:21 AM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2021 12:39 PM in response to smallcitygirl

Hello smallcitygirl,

We understand that you've lost some songs in iTunes, and we'd like to get you pointed towards a resource that may be able to help you retrieve additional information. To get started, we do not advise reinstalling iTunes unless there is a separate issue you are currently experiencing unrelated to missing music. You can find steps to locate your music library, and restore from other backups you may find, here: Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC

Take care.

Mar 11, 2021 10:43 AM in response to smallcitygirl

First, make sure you have a backup your iTunes library stored some place safe (as the March 8 link says). Then follow the steps in the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section of:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Wi… - Apple Community

Finally, if you need to restore your iTunes library, here is another version of the above link you may find helpful:

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

Mar 11, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately your reply came a few days after an "expert" (said lightly) restored my iTunes library. The songs are back but everything is basically a mess and iTunes will not sync to my Iphone 11pro. I would like to begin from scratch, prior to the restore and go with your March 8th reply I but have no idea as to how to do this! Will it rectify the issue with my cell not syncing? Anything to can give me would be greatly appreciated and no more using the "expert"! Thanks

Mar 26, 2021 5:30 PM in response to javaliga

First, thanks to all who responded and sent useful info to assist me. Your suggestions did not correct my situation, I spent hours troubleshooting and finally called Apple Support for help. Close to a 2 hr. phone call I was told there was a bug in the last IOS update and this was causing my problem. Crazy... why doesn't Apple inform their users of these thing? anyway, thanks again...

Restoring files to iTunes from Carbonite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.