You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving albums in iTunes

i accidentally deleted the Various Artists file in iTunes.

i have a Time Machine backup, but when i try to Restore the iTunes file, i don't have enough memory.

is there a way i can just Restore the Various Artists file in iTunes.

and which file in iTunes would i Restore that file to?

on OS 10.14.6 and iTunes 12.9.5.5

thanks

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 6:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 11:59 AM

Hi 1947lark,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are trying to recover a file within your music library that was deleted. I can provide you guidance.

Follow the steps to navigate to your missing folder: Recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on Mac - Apple Support. It may be called Various Artists or Compilations. Once you restore that item, you may need to add it back to your library. Open the iTunes app: iTunes > Files > Library > Add to Library and navigate to the restored folder.

If you need continued support, feel free to reach back out with an update.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2019 11:59 AM in response to 1947lark

Hi 1947lark,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are trying to recover a file within your music library that was deleted. I can provide you guidance.

Follow the steps to navigate to your missing folder: Recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on Mac - Apple Support. It may be called Various Artists or Compilations. Once you restore that item, you may need to add it back to your library. Open the iTunes app: iTunes > Files > Library > Add to Library and navigate to the restored folder.

If you need continued support, feel free to reach back out with an update.

Regards.

moving albums in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.