Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone problem

Why...Every update the phones bug more and more! It’s seriously annoying. Apple should give better quality than this crap. Everybody around me has reported the same problem (my husband, parents, friends).

I can’t have the message app open at the same time as an other app without having it all glitching. The battery are ridiculously slow. The map app takes an eternity to load or even open. It just doesn’t make sense to stay with apple iphones if they make them not function properly after only a year to make you buy a new one.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 9:20 AM

There has not been an update for the iPhone 6 in quite some time. Also, given the age of that device, it is very possible the battery needs replacement, and if you have less than 10% of your iPhone's total storage available, that would explain problems with having more than one thing working. The map app relies on an internet connection to load data, it could be your connection is slow as well.

However, if you are displeased with your iPhone and feel compelled to purchase a difference device, then I suggest that you do that. The iPhone 6 is not a year old device, it was released in 2015. It is a 6.5 year old device.

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple regarding a change you would like to see, or report a bug, then use the feedback link here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 9:20 AM in response to Unhappycustomer100

There has not been an update for the iPhone 6 in quite some time. Also, given the age of that device, it is very possible the battery needs replacement, and if you have less than 10% of your iPhone's total storage available, that would explain problems with having more than one thing working. The map app relies on an internet connection to load data, it could be your connection is slow as well.

However, if you are displeased with your iPhone and feel compelled to purchase a difference device, then I suggest that you do that. The iPhone 6 is not a year old device, it was released in 2015. It is a 6.5 year old device.

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple regarding a change you would like to see, or report a bug, then use the feedback link here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Mar 6, 2021 9:54 AM in response to Unhappycustomer100

No problem, glad to be of help!

Sorry to hear your iPhone experience has been frustrating

I know you'll probably roll your eyes at this because you think Apple just wants you to upgrade..

I would actually suggest replacing the phone rather than the battery..

Keep in mind, I'm not Apple ha ha, just another iPhone user and it's my opinion.

Consider this about the iPhone SE (2nd gen):

• It was released less than a year ago, so essentially new and up to date hardware
  • It can run all the latest iOS versions of course, including the latest which is iOS 14
  • Same size screen
  • 5 versions newer processor
  • the smallest capacity SE you can buy is equal to the largest capacity iPhone 6 (64 GB)
  • Better rear camera (8mp vs 12mp)
  • Way better front camera (1.2mp vs 7 mp).. use apps like FaceTime or Zoom? Like taking selfies?
  • some splash resistance
  • So many more superior specs.. in pretty much the identical form factor as your iPhone 6.. and it can be had for $399, might even be able to get a payment plan as well if you're strapped for cash.

here is my comparison reference

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/?modelList=iphone6,iphoneSE2ndgen,iphone12mini

I'm not sure what you do with your iPhone, but more and more app developers are ceasing to support app versions that run on iOS 12, which is the highest version your iPhone 6 will ever support.

ie, you could never watch Netflix on that phone.

So you will only ever encounter more problems as the years go by if you stick with that iPhone model.

But... I understand, you've only had it for a year, probably annoying to hear this.

Mar 6, 2021 9:22 AM in response to Unhappycustomer100

Batteries age, that's reality. Apple doesn't slow down phones to get you to buy a new one.

If your details are correct an you're complaining about an iPhone 6..

Even if you've only had your phone for a year, that model was released 5.5 years ago and discontinued 4.5 years ago.

You purchased hardware that is old enough not to be able to run the last 2 years worth of iOS releases.. You should buy newer hardware or reset your expectations.

What is probably going on is that you purchased a phone that sat in a box on a shelf somewhere for around 4 years, the battery drained completely (which is horrible for lithium batteries) and now you're working with a compromised battery.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

Iphone problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.