Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Siri to find the right song or radio station

When using the HomePod to request music, Siri occassionally consistently selects something that is not incorrect but not the desired option. Is there a way to force Siri to select an other option, or at least train it to default to your preferred option?

This seems to vary on the person asking, as though Siri has decided that person prefers the choice it is making.

For example

"Play Absolute Radio" will result in "Absolute Radio 80's" being played, when it is just "Absolute Radio" that is required.

"Play Because of You by Skunk Anansie" will result in result in "Because of You (Acoustic)" not the album version

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 3:51 AM

Your link is to this thread rather than somewhere else.

You can try "Hey Siri, play <track>|<album> [by <artist>] from <album>|<playlist>". For example if I ask for Dark Side Of The Moon Siri will play the 2011 remastered version, which is not in my iCloud Music Library, but if I ask for Dark SIde Of The Moon from Downloaded Music I get the copy from my library.

Try "Hey Siri, play Because of You Single by Skunk Anansie".

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 3:51 AM in response to Stront

Your link is to this thread rather than somewhere else.

You can try "Hey Siri, play <track>|<album> [by <artist>] from <album>|<playlist>". For example if I ask for Dark Side Of The Moon Siri will play the 2011 remastered version, which is not in my iCloud Music Library, but if I ask for Dark SIde Of The Moon from Downloaded Music I get the copy from my library.

Try "Hey Siri, play Because of You Single by Skunk Anansie".

tt2

How to get Siri to find the right song or radio station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.