Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full, iPhone wont let me delete anything, stuck on apple logo restart, and Itunes not updating.

1. My phone was storage full and the phone asked me to delete some things to free up space (even though i have a family sharing 2TB and it is far from full)
  2. When i tried to delete things, I could only manage to delete some apps, as If i pressed on the photos application, or settings, a loading sign would come up and lock me out of my phone.
  3. I turned off my phone, and turned it back on again (thinking it would help), but now my iphone is stuck on the apple logo
  4. i did the restart (volume buttons, and then the side button)
  5. I also tried to do the restart method where you have to connect it to your iTunes and it should 'update'
  6. My Itunes wont let me do this, until i update Itunes 12.8.2 (all the other updates worked for this software update), however! Itunes wont update!! It starts updating and then just goes back to the regular 'update' button.
  7. HELP!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 3:08 AM

1. You are not going to ever increase the physical storage space on your iPhone. iCloud space does not add space on your iPhone. iCloud, for the most part, is a synching service and not an archiving service. Double check something, do you have Settings ➔ Photos ➔ iCloud Photos (ON) ➔ Optimize iPhone Storage : Ensure that this is check marked.
  2. The full condition on your iPhone is preventing you form conducting other actions.
  3. Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.
  4. Forced ReStart if conducted correctly can work however seldom to get you out of the frozen Apple logo condition.
  5. Was a good decision by you to connect to iTunes to update. I agree.
  6. You also appear to have issues updating iTunes. Try shutting down your computer completely first. Reboot it and then open iTunes and see if it can be updated now.
  7. Trying to Help you as requested.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2021 3:08 AM in response to reemo977

1. You are not going to ever increase the physical storage space on your iPhone. iCloud space does not add space on your iPhone. iCloud, for the most part, is a synching service and not an archiving service. Double check something, do you have Settings ➔ Photos ➔ iCloud Photos (ON) ➔ Optimize iPhone Storage : Ensure that this is check marked.
  2. The full condition on your iPhone is preventing you form conducting other actions.
  3. Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.
  4. Forced ReStart if conducted correctly can work however seldom to get you out of the frozen Apple logo condition.
  5. Was a good decision by you to connect to iTunes to update. I agree.
  6. You also appear to have issues updating iTunes. Try shutting down your computer completely first. Reboot it and then open iTunes and see if it can be updated now.
  7. Trying to Help you as requested.

Axel F.

Storage full, iPhone wont let me delete anything, stuck on apple logo restart, and Itunes not updating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.