Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No playlists on iPhone

• I open Music on my iPhone.
  • I have choice of Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, etc., and all work fine
  • If I tap "Playlists" I get the screen "Looking for your playlists?" and the only option is the red bar with "New Playlist."
  • iPhone 7, iOS 14.2 iMac V Big Sur 11.2.2
  • Playlists show fine on my iPad and iMac.
  • How do I get my Playlists on my iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 3:42 PM

macruleswhyproblem,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We understand that can be confusing. In your case, you'll want to choose to Set up as a new device because that will clear the box you see and allow you to move forward with syncing your music. Once you choose continue, you should be able to complete the steps provided by Joseph_S to sync your music from your Mac to your iPhone.

Let us know how that goes.

Have a great day!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 3:42 PM in response to macruleswhyproblem

macruleswhyproblem,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We understand that can be confusing. In your case, you'll want to choose to Set up as a new device because that will clear the box you see and allow you to move forward with syncing your music. Once you choose continue, you should be able to complete the steps provided by Joseph_S to sync your music from your Mac to your iPhone.

Let us know how that goes.

Have a great day!

Mar 9, 2021 8:36 AM in response to macruleswhyproblem

Hi macruleswhyproblem,

Thanks for being part of Apple Support Communities. We'd understand that you're having issues with accessing your playlists on your iPhone. We'd like to help.

Let's make sure that you have your Sync Library enabled on your iPhone, as this can affect the way your data is shared: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music.

If that doesn't resolve it, updating your iPhone can help: Update iOS on iPhone. Please make sure do complete a backup before updating.

Let us know how that goes and if you still need help after that.

Have a great day!

Mar 25, 2021 8:07 AM in response to macruleswhyproblem

macruleswhyproblem,

No need to apologize! We're happy to continue to help.

Sounds like you're not already a member of Apple Music, which is a paid subscription. Let's look at this another way to see how you can get your playlists over to your iPhone.

Which device did you create your playlists on? If it was your iMac, did you then sync the music to your iPad by connecting it with the USB cable? If so, you'll want to do the same thing with your iPhone to move those playlists. This resource can help you Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Hope that helps!

Take care.

Mar 25, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Leanne_68

Sorry for the late response. Lots going on in my life.

I’m still confused. If I go through the links that you posted it looks like I have to pay to have my music playlist on my iPhone. Is that correct? If that is so, why do I have my playlists on my iPad? To my knowledge I have never paid for a subscription to iTunes. I do not want Apple Music either. Could you please clarify?

Thank you.

BTW all of my devices are on the latest operating system as of today.

No playlists on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.