You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch noise notifications not accurate

Anybody get noise threshold notifications while riding their motorcycle? I hear nothing because I wear a helmet. But my watch thinks I’m in a loud environment. Any way it can be taught not to detect wind noise as bad for ears?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 10:12 AM

Fact is, you cannot tell your Apple Watch that wind or noise around you is not affecting your hearing, because you are wearing protection or, as in your case, a helmet.

When you open the Noise App on your Watch, then tap on “Learn More”, and scroll all the way down (or alternatively in the Apple Watch App on iPhone > Noise), you will see the following note:

”Water or wind can affect the accuracy of sound levels. […]”

Having said that, there is a way to mute these notifications temporarily:

Once you receive a Loud Environment notification, scroll down while the notification is focussed and select “Mute for 1 Hour” or “Mute for Today”.

Otherwise, you can mute Noise Notifications entirely by going to Apple Watch App on iPhone > Noise > Noise Threshold and selecting “Off”.

Hope this cleared up some things!

Kind regards,

MRXSurfer

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 7, 2021 10:12 AM in response to danseb

Fact is, you cannot tell your Apple Watch that wind or noise around you is not affecting your hearing, because you are wearing protection or, as in your case, a helmet.

When you open the Noise App on your Watch, then tap on “Learn More”, and scroll all the way down (or alternatively in the Apple Watch App on iPhone > Noise), you will see the following note:

”Water or wind can affect the accuracy of sound levels. […]”

Having said that, there is a way to mute these notifications temporarily:

Once you receive a Loud Environment notification, scroll down while the notification is focussed and select “Mute for 1 Hour” or “Mute for Today”.

Otherwise, you can mute Noise Notifications entirely by going to Apple Watch App on iPhone > Noise > Noise Threshold and selecting “Off”.

Hope this cleared up some things!

Kind regards,

MRXSurfer

Watch noise notifications not accurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.