Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prevent my music (and Photos) from being automatically imported to my new MacBook, that I am going to use for work? I don't want or need all of the family photos, or any of the music on my new computer. How do I prevent the auto import?

How do I prevent my music (and Photos) from being automatically imported to my new MacBook, that I am going to use for work? I don't want or need family photos, or any of the music that is in the cloud to go on to my new computer. In fact, I don't want it on there at all taking up space. New work issue MacBook has a small hard drive (256GB). I would like to use my Apple ID and hand select some of my files from my old MacBook to go on to the new MacBook, utilize password manager etc, but I don't want all of that extra media. How do I prevent the auto import? The only answers I can find give advice on how to import, rather than how to prevent the import.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 10:58 PM

once you’re logged onto your MacBook, go to iCloud, in settings. Then deselect photos. And for music, you have to open iTunes and sign out from iTunes.

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I prevent my music (and Photos) from being automatically imported to my new MacBook, that I am going to use for work? I don't want or need all of the family photos, or any of the music on my new computer. How do I prevent the auto import?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.