Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not syncing

I have photos on my iPad that are not synced with Photos on my Mac or my iPhone. MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.6) says that photos have been updated; on iPad Pro (iOs 14.4) the photos are up to date; iPhone 8 (iOs 14.4) says they are uploading and have been uploading for a few days. This issue started after updating to iOS 14.0. I have shut down and restarted all three several times to no effect. Any suggestions as to the cause and solutions would be gratefully received.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 3:03 PM

If you have just started (or restarted) a sync on any device, then yes it will take days.

A restart will happen if you disable and then re-enable iCloud photos on a device, or move the library, or repair the library. Probably other events too. Once a sync is complete, then new photos should sync reasonably quickly.

(My 5000 photo 50GB library took 48 hours full time to sync the first time)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 3:03 PM in response to bronstaf

If you have just started (or restarted) a sync on any device, then yes it will take days.

A restart will happen if you disable and then re-enable iCloud photos on a device, or move the library, or repair the library. Probably other events too. Once a sync is complete, then new photos should sync reasonably quickly.

(My 5000 photo 50GB library took 48 hours full time to sync the first time)

Photos not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.