Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free MS Word will not type/Edit on iPad

AM I THE LAST TO KNOW?

I could not get the free MS Word to type/edit/even show a keyboard. I have 3 old docs so IT USED TO WORK. All the advice is try this, try that, BUT THE REASON IS - MICROSOFT deemed any iPad larger than 10.1 inches to be for ‘Professional use’ and therefore they want a subscription! Never mind if your eyesight is failing and you only use is 6 times a year!

So by all means uninstall/reinstall/ power off/ close Bluetooth etc but MS says ‘No!’

$$$$$ is the answer.

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 7:47 AM

That has been Microsoft’s policy for Office 365 and the Office Apps for years now. The larger iPads require a for fee Office 365 subscription to use Office Apps. It’s in the individual Office App descriptions on the App Store.

Sorry it caught you by surprise, but it is not new or novel - been that way for at least the last 4 years or more.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 7:47 AM in response to deuce888

That has been Microsoft’s policy for Office 365 and the Office Apps for years now. The larger iPads require a for fee Office 365 subscription to use Office Apps. It’s in the individual Office App descriptions on the App Store.

Sorry it caught you by surprise, but it is not new or novel - been that way for at least the last 4 years or more.

Free MS Word will not type/Edit on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.