You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Camera Crackling/Buzzing/Focusing issue

Hello,

I am on my second iPhone 11 Pro and am now experiencing the same exact issue as I was with my first which I replaced with this new one. The camera starts to have a focusing issue anytime the native camera app is turned on. The extreme focusing issue is accompanied by an ominous electrical crackling/buzzing noise near the top of the device. Interestingly, I can usually make the issue stop by entering the .5 zoom camera mode, but obviously that mode is only good for very specific photo/video scenarios. This issue has been a huge problem for me, being in marketing and needing to use my phone camera frequently. I love everything else about these phones, but this camera bug is detrimental.

-claykrueger

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 12:47 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 10, 2021 8:02 PM in response to claykrueger

Hello claykrueger,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with your camera focus and sound. Was this iPhone restored from a backup of the old one? If so, were you able to test it before you restored the backup to see if these issues occurred before then? Do these issues persist when using the camera in another app? Which exact version of iOS are you updated to under Settings > General > About?

Also, try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Cheers!

iPhone 11 Pro Camera Crackling/Buzzing/Focusing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.