Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini (M1, 2020) hooked up via HDMI to my 4k tv flickers black on and off

I recently bought the Mac Mini (M1, 2020) and have it hooked up via HDMI cable to my Roku TV's HDMI port. I am currently on the latest OS, Big Sur 11.2.3. The first few days of operating my Mac Mini were fine, but now my screen will periodically flicker and turn black for a second or two, and then come back on. I am not sure what is causing this. I have already attempted to restart my Mac, as well as shut it down completely for several hours before turning it back on. No improvement.

My HDMI cable is also fairly new, so I doubt it is the cable itself. I will try another HDMI cable in a little bit and report back if that resolves the problem. However, so far I cannot seem to diagnose this issue. The flickering is consistent enough that it has become an annoyance rather than something I can just live with and brush aside. This Mac Mini is also so new/recent that I have not found any helpful solutions posted online.

Help?

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 5:30 PM

First try connecting the Mac Mini to a different HDMI port on the TV.

Then try a different 5’ or shorter 4K certified HDMI cable.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac Mini (M1, 2020) hooked up via HDMI to my 4k tv flickers black on and off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.