Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac is very slow - it takes forever

how to get my mac to start up and keep going, it is very slow

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 6:05 PM

Hi there,

I believe we need to proceed with an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a useful app to diagnose issues, both hardware and software. It is trusted by many users. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Go to the Mac App Store and search for "EtreCheck."
  2. Download it. It is a free and trusted app; as it is on the Mac App Store, and only trusted apps can be submitted.
  3. Run the report, and put it in a post, as seen here - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211. We will then examine the report for issues in your Mac.
  4. Open EtreCheck, then go to the name "EtreCheck" in the top left corner > "Preferences" > "Privacy" > turn on "Allow Full Access to Startup Drive."

Also run Apple Diagnostics -  Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support Please post the Reference code when done.

Please post results of both!

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 6:05 PM in response to brcle

Hi there,

I believe we need to proceed with an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a useful app to diagnose issues, both hardware and software. It is trusted by many users. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Go to the Mac App Store and search for "EtreCheck."
  2. Download it. It is a free and trusted app; as it is on the Mac App Store, and only trusted apps can be submitted.
  3. Run the report, and put it in a post, as seen here - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211. We will then examine the report for issues in your Mac.
  4. Open EtreCheck, then go to the name "EtreCheck" in the top left corner > "Preferences" > "Privacy" > turn on "Allow Full Access to Startup Drive."

Also run Apple Diagnostics -  Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support Please post the Reference code when done.

Please post results of both!

Cheers,

Jack

mac is very slow - it takes forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.