Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My settings are set to receive calls from unknown callers but unknown callers can’t reach me

Even though my settings are set to receive calls on my iPhone from unknown callers, my phone will not allow them to go through.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 8:33 PM

There are three places to check when unknown calls go straight to voicemail or are not ringing-

1. Silence Unknown Callers : Ensure that this is set to OFF (You have already check this)
  2. Set Do Not Disturb to OFF
  3. Your Screen Time Restrictions may be set to ON. Open Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Communication Limits ➔ During Screen Time : Set this to Everyone. During Downtime : Set this to Everyone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 8:33 PM in response to 4ft8

There are three places to check when unknown calls go straight to voicemail or are not ringing-

1. Silence Unknown Callers : Ensure that this is set to OFF (You have already check this)
  2. Set Do Not Disturb to OFF
  3. Your Screen Time Restrictions may be set to ON. Open Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Communication Limits ➔ During Screen Time : Set this to Everyone. During Downtime : Set this to Everyone.

Axel F.

My settings are set to receive calls from unknown callers but unknown callers can’t reach me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.