Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking Apple Health/Fitness to Garmin & Strava - Workouts duplicated

I linked my Apple Health App to Garmin & Strava and for some reason, when opening the Apple Fitness App I see the Garmin entries as duplicates and in some cases, three or four times repeated (same workout). How can I resolve this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 10:23 PM

Hi,

Sorry bsterngillet. I think you have misunderstood. We want to sync from GC to Apple Health directly. If you do this, the workouts appear 2 or 3 times.

The solution is:

• sync GC with Strava
  • sync Strava with AH
  • turn off the link between GC and AH
4 replies

Mar 22, 2021 2:25 AM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

Hello,

The article does not provide any help. I have the same issue: work out data is being synced and shows up multiple times, while other information (like steps, hours of sleep etc) is not. This might be an issue between the Garmin Connect App and Apple Health app. I read somewhere else that the data is copied every time there is a sync between the two apps, resulting in the duplication of data.

Now who will solve the issue? Garmin or Apple? See also issue logged on Garmin forums: Duplicate entries in Apple Health - Garmin Connect Mobile iOS - Mobile Apps & Web - Garmin Forums

Mar 12, 2021 10:44 AM in response to csaydon

Hello csaydon,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you are seeing multiple workout entries with devices that are connected via the Health app on your iPhone. This article has information under the heading, "How Health handles data from multiple sources", which you may find helpful:

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Linking Apple Health/Fitness to Garmin & Strava - Workouts duplicated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.