Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drag and Drop Files into Messages in Big Sur

I can no longer drag and drop files into Messages. Before installing Big Sur, I could drag and drop any file directly into Messages on my MacBook Pro. Now, while images still work, other files such as PDF's or Word documents can't be dragged and dropped. I haven't figured how to upload them any other way either.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 7:53 AM

Select the PDF or Word document and two-finger tap/right-click/control-click on it. From the contextual menu, select Share > Messages. Beware that if the attachments are too large, your message may either not complete, or the attached files may be stripped during transit.

Best to do this with email attachments rather than Messages application.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 7:53 AM in response to GordonJohnson2

Select the PDF or Word document and two-finger tap/right-click/control-click on it. From the contextual menu, select Share > Messages. Beware that if the attachments are too large, your message may either not complete, or the attached files may be stripped during transit.

Best to do this with email attachments rather than Messages application.

Drag and Drop Files into Messages in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.