You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop pictures doubled

When I airdrop pictures from my iphone XR to my Ipad pro the pictures transfer fine into my ipad however I get the same pictures back to my iphone and end up with double pictures on my iphone.

I have contacts only on my airdrop Ipad setting and receiving off checked on my iphone airdrop settings.

these double pictures are very annoying since I have to then take time to delete the double ones.

What can I do to avoid getting the pictures back into my iphone?

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 8:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 11:25 AM

Hi jeannieob,

We understand you're seeing duplicate phots when using Airdrop on your devices. Does the issue persist when using Airdrop from iPad to iPhone? Are you updated to the latest iOS and iPadOS on the devices? Does the issue return immediately after restarting both devices?

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

Use the following article to see what your iCloud Photo settings look like, as it sounds like once the photos are on your iPad, they are uploading to iCloud Photos and thus showing up on your iPhone:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

Keep us updated.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2021 11:25 AM in response to jeannieob

Hi jeannieob,

We understand you're seeing duplicate phots when using Airdrop on your devices. Does the issue persist when using Airdrop from iPad to iPhone? Are you updated to the latest iOS and iPadOS on the devices? Does the issue return immediately after restarting both devices?

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

Use the following article to see what your iCloud Photo settings look like, as it sounds like once the photos are on your iPad, they are uploading to iCloud Photos and thus showing up on your iPhone:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

Keep us updated.

Airdrop pictures doubled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.