Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore from backup from iCloud

Hello,

Two days ago we switched cell phone providers and got new phones. We had backed up our phones to iCloud and while our other three phones have finished restoring from the cloud, mine still hasn't finished. I had almost 20,000 pictures and videos on my phone (I know, I know...DELETE!) and not one picture or video has been restored on my new phone yet. It does say "Updating" when I scroll to the bottom of my photos library. Do I just need to be patient?? The only reason I'm starting to worry is because I need to send my old phone in next week as a trade-in. I don't want to delete the entire phone only to have my pictures lost. Thanks in advance for any guidance. ;)

Sincerely,

The one who needs to backup her photos to an external hard drive.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 9:49 AM

misspriss_mv wrote:

Hello,

Two days ago we switched cell phone providers and got new phones. We had backed up our phones to iCloud and while our other three phones have finished restoring from the cloud, mine still hasn't finished. I had almost 20,000 pictures and videos on my phone (I know, I know...DELETE!) and not one picture or video has been restored on my new phone yet. It does say "Updating" when I scroll to the bottom of my photos library. Do I just need to be patient?? The only reason I'm starting to worry is because I need to send my old phone in next week as a trade-in. I don't want to delete the entire phone only to have my pictures lost. Thanks in advance for any guidance. ;)

Sincerely,

yes be patient matter of fact, plug your phone to a power source and wifi, lock it, and leave it alone so it can finish.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 9:49 AM in response to misspriss_mv

misspriss_mv wrote:

Hello,

Sincerely,

yes be patient matter of fact, plug your phone to a power source and wifi, lock it, and leave it alone so it can finish.

Restore from backup from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.