Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can a pdf image from an email give you malware?

Forgive me for sounding daft here but should I be worried?...

I received an email today about my so-called "rapid test results" today even though I never took a test. Assuming that this was a scam I went to delete it along with a few other emails. As I had the emails selected I noticed that in the preview pane that the PDF attachment's content was visible. I never downloaded clicked to download the PDF (or even open the email) so am hoping I'm ok, but should I get malwarebytes and run a scan? I did just update to the latest Big Sur OS after this happened, but should I do more? Thanks in advance, and again... please forgive my naïveté.

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 4:42 PM

If you were running Big Sur you have nothing to worry about. If it will make you feel better you can always install Malwarebytes.

Similar questions

2 replies

can a pdf image from an email give you malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.