Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think I've been hacked!

I received a message stating that my apple id and name have been used on a new i-phone today. There was no option to contest it. What do I do? I did not purchase a new phone today.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 6:06 PM

3 replies

Mar 11, 2021 6:41 PM in response to Helpwithtechnicalissues

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Mar 11, 2021 7:09 PM in response to Helpwithtechnicalissues

Helpwithtechnicalissues Said:

"I think I've been hacked!: I received a message stating that my apple id and name have been used on a new i-phone today. There was no option to contest it. What do I do? I did not purchase a new phone today."

-------

Reporting to Apple:

Is this an SMS text message? If so, it is a scam. So, report this to Apple. Perform as instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

I think I've been hacked!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.