Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"cannot get mail" on iPhone

I recently changed my password for my ISP. Everything works on my Mac. Now iphone (version 14.4) , tells me at the bottom of email window, "account error ..." when I press details, it says "cannot get mail. No password provided for (email address). Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password." When I do this and input the same password I use for Apple Mail on Mac and for the ISP, I go back and get the same error. Any ideas? Thanks.

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 9:04 AM

Hi Bob593251,

It sounds like your password says it's incorrect for the Mail account on your iPhone. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some assistance.

Since you've changed your password have you had the chance to double-check that it's working through your mail provider's website? If you have and you confirm the new password works follow the steps in 'Remove your email account and set it up again" in If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 9:04 AM in response to Bob593251

Hi Bob593251,

It sounds like your password says it's incorrect for the Mail account on your iPhone. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some assistance.

Since you've changed your password have you had the chance to double-check that it's working through your mail provider's website? If you have and you confirm the new password works follow the steps in 'Remove your email account and set it up again" in If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

"cannot get mail" on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.