Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my iTunes music located? And how can I move/transfer it?

I am trying to move some of my music from iTunes on my iMac to a new Android phone. But I have discovered that I have a lot of music that shows up in iTunes that I am not able to physically locate on my computer.

What different locations can the music be located? Currently I am following from user>Music>Tunes>iTunes Media>Music. But I'd estimate that roughly 50% of the music that I can find in my iTunes is not in the Music folder. And I have no idea where else to look.

All of this music was loaded to the computer by me personally from CDs or by purchases. None of the music is streamed.

If I cannot locate the actual songs/albums in a folder/file, is there any way that I can move them straight from iTunes to my phone? Or just to another folder/file where I could then save them with all the rest of my music in the Music folder?

As always, thanks in advance for your help!

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 11:54 PM

When looking at any particular track in iTunes you can right-click on it and use Show in Finder to open the folder where it is stored. Alternatively you can use File > Library > Organize Library > Consolidate Files to make copies of any files stored outside the media folder inside it. The originals are left behind for you to tidy up manually. Might be best to work out where things are before consolidating to make sure that you have the room for the copies and know where to clean up afterwards.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 11:54 PM in response to tomellis

When looking at any particular track in iTunes you can right-click on it and use Show in Finder to open the folder where it is stored. Alternatively you can use File > Library > Organize Library > Consolidate Files to make copies of any files stored outside the media folder inside it. The originals are left behind for you to tidy up manually. Might be best to work out where things are before consolidating to make sure that you have the room for the copies and know where to clean up afterwards.

tt2

Where is my iTunes music located? And how can I move/transfer it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.