Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How toi view the formula bar in Numbers.

How do I view the formula Bar in Numbers. When using Excel the formula bar conveniently appeared at the top of the spreadsheet, so that if you selected a cell, any formula applied to that cell could be viewed and edited. I can't see any way to view formulas in Numbers apart from double clicking the cell in question. Any suggestions?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 11:20 AM

When the cell containing the formula is double-clicked, the action opens th Formula Editor, and the display in this box changes to show the result returned by that formula.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies

Mar 12, 2021 5:22 PM in response to Red Whopper

Thank you, Rd Whopper, for your reply.

Your gripe seems to be a variant of "It's not what I'm used to,"

which is pretty much identical to my Windows gripe every time I use the keystroke combinations for Cut, Copy or Paste, and many others using the two key command-C, etc. on the Mac, and have to re-teach my fingers to find the ctrl key.

But, if you want Numbers to have a Formula Bar (in which a formula can be edited,which is not the case with the box at bottom left in Numbers), your gripe is, as you said, with Apple. What you post in this user-to-user community is unlikely to be read by or brought to the attention of Apple leadership or Apple's product development teams. Your best route to request changes to the software is via the Product Feedback Channel.

Your nearest portal is the Provide Numbers Feedback menu item in the Numbers menu.

Regards,

Barry

How toi view the formula bar in Numbers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.