Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get an exchange or refund for a brand new faulty iPad Pro !!!!!

I bought a brand new iPad Pro directly from Apple and within 7 weeks of ownership the screen is faulty. I booked a genius session at the local Apple store which is closed for normal trading due to COVID and was told that indeed my brand new iPad Pro is faulty. I asked for an exchange for another new iPad Pro but I am only being offered a refurbished one even though the shop itself admits I am within my legal writes to get a new iPad. The reason they gave me for not being able to give me what I am legally entitled to is that as the shop is closed due to COVID they are unable to do any returns. This I therefore feel is extremely bad customer service because if I wanted to buy a refurbished unit I certainly would not have paid full price for it and all I am left with is having to wait until such time as their store may reopen but there is no indication when this may happen and I am very concerned that at that point whenever it may be I will have a job trying to then get what I was legally entitled to at the time I reported the fault. Until then I have no choice but to hold on to a faulty iPad that is not fit for purpose . I would therefore love to know if there is any other way to get an exchange of a faulty but brand new iPOad pro for another NEW iPad Pro ?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 4:51 PM

Quoting from Apple’s website...

Returns

Q: Can I return or exchange my product at my local Apple Store?

A: For products purchased online, you can start a contactless return at apple.com/uk/shop/orderstatus. For purchases made at an Apple Store, you can return your product within 14 days after the store reopens. Some stores may be open for outside pickup with limited support and are unable to complete returns at this time. If your local store has only outside pickup available, you can return your product within 14 days of the store fully reopening. You can check your local store opening hours and status at apple.com/uk/retail.

Q: How can I return an order I bought online while under lockdown restrictions?

A: Start a return online at apple.com/uk/shop/orderstatus where you can create a return shipping label to ship your product from a dropoff point or schedule a pickup at your location. You can also use this method to return online orders picked up at a store.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/store/plan_your_visit

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 4:51 PM in response to Pricemc

Quoting from Apple’s website...

Returns

Q: Can I return or exchange my product at my local Apple Store?

A: For products purchased online, you can start a contactless return at apple.com/uk/shop/orderstatus. For purchases made at an Apple Store, you can return your product within 14 days after the store reopens. Some stores may be open for outside pickup with limited support and are unable to complete returns at this time. If your local store has only outside pickup available, you can return your product within 14 days of the store fully reopening. You can check your local store opening hours and status at apple.com/uk/retail.

Q: How can I return an order I bought online while under lockdown restrictions?

A: Start a return online at apple.com/uk/shop/orderstatus where you can create a return shipping label to ship your product from a dropoff point or schedule a pickup at your location. You can also use this method to return online orders picked up at a store.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/store/plan_your_visit

I can’t get an exchange or refund for a brand new faulty iPad Pro !!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.