Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air wont recognise my scanner (part of my 3 in 1 printer)

Hello - after some help please, I feel I have tried everything.

I have a MacBook Air M1 2020 running Big Sur.

My printer is an Epson Stylus SX535WD

I recently upgraded my Mac from a MacBook Pro (2015 model) and on this I could scan and print from the same printer via AirPrint.

Now, this MacBook Air can see the printer but there is no "scan" function. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, been on Epson's website to download drivers but I am lost...

Please could anyone give me some pointers?

Many thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 4:02 AM

Hi all, thanks very much for feedback. I tried all of those things before posting - imagine capture didn't work either and sue scan looked again but obvs you have to pay for it to use it properly and I didn't want to do that when this isn't wasn't my making.

Anyway... I have SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I'm not entirely sure the order in which I did this as I thought I had tried all of this already but...... I typed into google "EPSON SX535WD driver update"... and made sure it had the correct operating system (it had defaulted to Catalina) ... the downloaded the latest driver software.

https://www.epson.co.uk/support?productID=11004&os=38#drivers_and_manuals

I had done all sorts of software updates prior to the but nothing worked, but now I have my scan button back again. Hooray!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 4:02 AM in response to dmillsy

Hi all, thanks very much for feedback. I tried all of those things before posting - imagine capture didn't work either and sue scan looked again but obvs you have to pay for it to use it properly and I didn't want to do that when this isn't wasn't my making.

Anyway... I have SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I'm not entirely sure the order in which I did this as I thought I had tried all of this already but...... I typed into google "EPSON SX535WD driver update"... and made sure it had the correct operating system (it had defaulted to Catalina) ... the downloaded the latest driver software.

https://www.epson.co.uk/support?productID=11004&os=38#drivers_and_manuals

I had done all sorts of software updates prior to the but nothing worked, but now I have my scan button back again. Hooray!

My MacBook Air wont recognise my scanner (part of my 3 in 1 printer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.