Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make Spotify the default music app on iPhone?

Hi I want to play music on Spotify through Siri but it keeps denying my request when I ask it to play music saying that Apple Music wasn’t setup. How do I change my default music app to Siri?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 1:52 PM

Insomniac_cat,

Thanks for letting us know. This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with your device, and we are going to do everything we can to help you. When you have a free moment, can you please tell us if you have tried restarting your iPhone to see if that has a positive impact on the issue that you’re experiencing? If not, please give that step a try and let us know how it goes. 

While a restart can seem unimportant, it can actually resolve many minor issues with the device.

Restart your iPhone

Also, can you please tell us which version of iOS you currently have installed on your iPhone?

Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you find that you’re running a dated version of iOS, please use the link below to update your device.

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

The reason we ask you to update is because updating your device is an important troubleshooting step that can potentially resolve your issue. We also think it is a good idea to download and install the latest version of iOS on your device so that you have the latest security updates.

If after updating to the latest version of iOS does not resolve your issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to us so that we can continue troubleshooting with you.

Lastly, before updating your device, it’s always a good idea to be sure you have a recent backup of your data. 

You can learn more about backing up your data and settings in the link below.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 1:52 PM in response to Insomniac_cat

Insomniac_cat,

Thanks for letting us know. This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with your device, and we are going to do everything we can to help you. When you have a free moment, can you please tell us if you have tried restarting your iPhone to see if that has a positive impact on the issue that you’re experiencing? If not, please give that step a try and let us know how it goes. 

While a restart can seem unimportant, it can actually resolve many minor issues with the device.

Restart your iPhone

Also, can you please tell us which version of iOS you currently have installed on your iPhone?

Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you find that you’re running a dated version of iOS, please use the link below to update your device.

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

The reason we ask you to update is because updating your device is an important troubleshooting step that can potentially resolve your issue. We also think it is a good idea to download and install the latest version of iOS on your device so that you have the latest security updates.

If after updating to the latest version of iOS does not resolve your issue, please do not hesitate to reach out to us so that we can continue troubleshooting with you.

Lastly, before updating your device, it’s always a good idea to be sure you have a recent backup of your data. 

You can learn more about backing up your data and settings in the link below.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Mar 15, 2021 11:32 AM in response to Insomniac_cat

Hello Insomniac_cat, Thanks for reaching out to us for support. It’s never fun when you’re unable to use Siri to play music through Spotify, and we are going to do everything we can to help you. When you have a free moment, please give the steps below a try.

Go to Settings > Spotify > Siri & Search.

Once you’re there, please turn on Use with Ask Siri followed by testing.

The reason we ask you to give the steps above a try is because they can potentially resolve your issue.

If you’re still experiencing the same problem after completing the steps above, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us so that we can continue troubleshooting with you. Cheers!

How do I make Spotify the default music app on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.