Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing ‘Greyed out’ songs that I haven’t selected to sync

Hi... Please Help, this is driving me mad!!!!

So I’ve been round this many times and tried lots of different things.....

when I sync music to my iPhone using my windows laptop, I am getting a lot of extra songs added to my library.

they are copies of songs I have but they are greyed out. They are not songs I have selected to be synced. Some are songs I bought on iTunes, some are ones I previously bought and uploaded in other ways.

I don’t have WiFi sync or cloud library or anything like that turned on.

I deleted everything from phone and started syncing one album at a time to resolve, get so far in with it working, then suddenly a load of extra ‘greyed out’ songs appear....

so annoying.

any ideas?

photo below a random example of an album it has synced without me selecting it, if I sync the album I will have the songs available to play but still have these ghost copies also so each song will be listed twice unless I delete the ghost version....

thanks in advance

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 2:40 PM

The only suggestion I have is to completely remove iTunes and do a clean install. See the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section in:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Wi… - Apple Community

This should not affect your music library, but it would be prudent to back it up first, just in case:

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

or

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

If you still have these problems, then that may point to a corrupted music library.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 2:40 PM in response to RobP101

The only suggestion I have is to completely remove iTunes and do a clean install. See the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section in:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Wi… - Apple Community

This should not affect your music library, but it would be prudent to back it up first, just in case:

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

or

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

If you still have these problems, then that may point to a corrupted music library.

Syncing ‘Greyed out’ songs that I haven’t selected to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.