Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Songs on My iPhone 13 Pro

At some point recently, all of the songs in my iTunes library have been duplicated and appear twice. I have roughly 36 gigs of music on my iMac (where I sync my phone) but roughly twice that on my phone (76 gigs). Any song list, search list I select has two of everything:

I back up to iCloud. I've tried re-syncing, but nothing changes.

What should I do to safely remove the duplicates.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 2:46 PM

The "finding duplicates on Mac" was not useful, because my duplicates are on my phone.

Eventually, I solved the problem (temporarily?) by just deleting the duplicate libraries (?) from my phone and resynching to my computer. Looks like it will take a while, but my phone iTunes file size is now identical to that on my computer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2022 2:46 PM in response to mario49

The "finding duplicates on Mac" was not useful, because my duplicates are on my phone.

Eventually, I solved the problem (temporarily?) by just deleting the duplicate libraries (?) from my phone and resynching to my computer. Looks like it will take a while, but my phone iTunes file size is now identical to that on my computer.

Dec 19, 2022 11:23 AM in response to Richard Setterberg

Hey there Richard Setterberg,

We understand you're dealing with duplicate songs and we're happy to help. It sounds like you may have created an iCloud backup and restored that to the iPhone, but the issue remained. You also mentioned it happens between both your Mac and iPhone. It sounds like you may be able to resolve the issue by syncing the Music across your devices, singed in with your Apple ID.

To find and delete duplicates, check out this resource: Find duplicate items in Music on Mac

To sync Music across your devices, follow these steps: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices

Take care.

Duplicate Songs on My iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.