Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate song removal from Music.

I have an iPhone 13 Pro which I’m having an issue with. I can’t seem to get rid of duplicate songs automatically but I can do it manually. Seems like every time I sync my phone with my iMac the songs duplicate. It’s driving me crazy.

First, how do I, or can I, delete duplicates automatically?

Second, how do I prevent it from happening again?

Lastly, will these duplicates be removed from iCloud too?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 7:32 AM

Hi trjc3rd,

As for your first question, there is no way to delete duplicate items automatically. To delete them, you'll need to follow the steps in the link here: Find duplicate items in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Regarding your second question, the best way to prevent duplicate items is by trying not to add the same songs more than once to your music library.

Lastly, the answer to your final question is a little more convoluted. For example, suppose you subscribe to Apple Music. In that case, you can turn on Sync Library to access your music library and music downloaded from Apple Music on all your devices. This also means that when you delete a song from one device, even duplicate songs, they will be deleted from all of your other devices. Check out the link here to learn more: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions or need additional support.  

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 7:32 AM in response to trjc3rd

Hi trjc3rd,

As for your first question, there is no way to delete duplicate items automatically. To delete them, you'll need to follow the steps in the link here: Find duplicate items in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Regarding your second question, the best way to prevent duplicate items is by trying not to add the same songs more than once to your music library.

Lastly, the answer to your final question is a little more convoluted. For example, suppose you subscribe to Apple Music. In that case, you can turn on Sync Library to access your music library and music downloaded from Apple Music on all your devices. This also means that when you delete a song from one device, even duplicate songs, they will be deleted from all of your other devices. Check out the link here to learn more: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions or need additional support.  

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Duplicate song removal from Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.