Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie file size

It seems whatever update happened to iMovie I can no longer change the file size to export. I only have the option of Low medium or high res. There used to be a slider so I could customize the size. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes?

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 2:53 PM

Easiest way is to export to email, where you will get small, medium, large, and full size settings options. Then drag out the movie to your desk top.

Alternatively, in the resolution Custom settings there is a slider that lets you decrease or increase the bitrate to make the movie file size smaller or larger.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 2:53 PM in response to a1kershaw

Easiest way is to export to email, where you will get small, medium, large, and full size settings options. Then drag out the movie to your desk top.

Alternatively, in the resolution Custom settings there is a slider that lets you decrease or increase the bitrate to make the movie file size smaller or larger.

— Rich

iMovie file size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.