Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint Offline

I have an HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw printer that I have been using AirPrint with for many years. Suddenly it's no longer working - our mobile devices tell us that the printer is offline. My devices and printer are on the same wireless network, I've reset all of my devices a number of times and I'm still able to print from the device that's plugged into the printer - so I know the printer isn't offline.

I did notice that on the list of Airprint compatible printers on the apple website, my printer isn't listed....is it possible that something has changed recently and that's causing my problems? Or are there any other suggestions someone may have for me?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 6:31 PM

This is an old article, but according to this, the printer is not AirPrint compatible out of the box.

https://bolesblogs.com/2011/02/04/apple-airprint-on-the-ipad-the-hp-laserjet-cm1415fnw-review/

I copied and pasted this from the article.

The HP LaserJet CM1415fnw isn’t AirPrint compatible out of the box. First, set up your printer following the included instructions. I’m using an Ethernet cable, but you can do your setup entirely using WiFi. You’ll need to be on a WiFi connection to print from your iPhone or iPad, and I have my LaserJet plugged into my Time Capsule, so I’m all networked up.

Install the software from the CD.

Then — go here — and download the Firmware update for the HP LaserJet CM1415fnw. Follow the easy instructions — you can update via Ethernet or WiFi — and you’re done! AirPrint works perfectly and your printer will have a whole new slew of available options.

I made the type bold for emphasis. Is it possible that the print driver needs to be updated?

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 6:31 PM in response to cjc24

This is an old article, but according to this, the printer is not AirPrint compatible out of the box.

https://bolesblogs.com/2011/02/04/apple-airprint-on-the-ipad-the-hp-laserjet-cm1415fnw-review/

I copied and pasted this from the article.

The HP LaserJet CM1415fnw isn’t AirPrint compatible out of the box. First, set up your printer following the included instructions. I’m using an Ethernet cable, but you can do your setup entirely using WiFi. You’ll need to be on a WiFi connection to print from your iPhone or iPad, and I have my LaserJet plugged into my Time Capsule, so I’m all networked up.

Install the software from the CD.

Then — go here — and download the Firmware update for the HP LaserJet CM1415fnw. Follow the easy instructions — you can update via Ethernet or WiFi — and you’re done! AirPrint works perfectly and your printer will have a whole new slew of available options.

I made the type bold for emphasis. Is it possible that the print driver needs to be updated?

May 7, 2021 9:37 AM in response to cjc24

Update: Turns out this problem started when we upgraded our internet and got a new router.

After doing some extensive reading I changed setting for disabling the IPV6, and the print priority. None of that worked. I then changed the printer to have a static IP and that worked. Haven’t had any issues in a few weeks now. So hope this can help someone else out.

AirPrint Offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.