Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint problem with MFC 8910DW

This printer work fine when I print from my Mac mini. It also works fine (printer selection shows the MFC printer, the printer can be detected by my iPhone or iPad) for AirPrint from my iPhone or iPad if I freshly or just turn the printer on. They are all on the same WIFI network.

However, if I leave the Brother MFC 8910DW printer on for a long period of time, and I try to use the AirPrint again, my iPhone or iPad would not be able to detect the printer.

I have to turn the printer off, and then turn it back on again before my iPhone or my iPad can detect the printer. Why do I have to do that for the iPhone and iPad to detect the printer? It appears that the printer is not connected to the wifi network if the printer is on for a period of time and goes into the sleep mode.

Is there anyone out there having the same problem? Is it a printer problem or is it an apple iOS problem?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 11:50 AM

The issue isn’t you iPhone or your iPad. What you have is either a printer connectivity or networking issue.

If you haven’t done this yet, try to restart (turn it off and on) your router and your printer. If still the same happening, see if you can test it by connecting your printer to another router. You could also try connect your printer to the router using ethernet cable.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Cherub7171

The issue isn’t you iPhone or your iPad. What you have is either a printer connectivity or networking issue.

If you haven’t done this yet, try to restart (turn it off and on) your router and your printer. If still the same happening, see if you can test it by connecting your printer to another router. You could also try connect your printer to the router using ethernet cable.

AirPrint problem with MFC 8910DW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.