Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote crashing

Hi!

This has happened various times but I haven't had the time to write it. In Keynote 14 point whatever the newest version is, I can open and edit keynote presentations but, when I want to present it, it keeps on buffering and when I go to force quit it says the application has stopped responding. I am on macOS Catalina but due to compatibility issues I cannot get Big Sur (as much as I want to 😭). Please help! Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 10:43 AM

The latest version of Keynote is 10.3.9 as of 14 March 2021.

With Keynote open, go to Keynote> About Keynote, what is the version number shown?

As a first step in correcting this issue,

• move the Keynote application to the bin, then empty the bin.
  • Restart the Mac (Apple Menu > Restart) then immediately press the shift key on the keyboard, keep it held down until the Apple icon displays. The Mac will perform a software repair and will take longer to start up.
  • When the Mac has fully booted, restart the Mac normally.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 10:43 AM in response to sof513

The latest version of Keynote is 10.3.9 as of 14 March 2021.

With Keynote open, go to Keynote> About Keynote, what is the version number shown?

As a first step in correcting this issue,

• move the Keynote application to the bin, then empty the bin.
  • Restart the Mac (Apple Menu > Restart) then immediately press the shift key on the keyboard, keep it held down until the Apple icon displays. The Mac will perform a software repair and will take longer to start up.
  • When the Mac has fully booted, restart the Mac normally.

Keynote crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.