Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting Contacts from iCloud

I cannot get iCloud to export contacts. When I click on the gear wheel at the bottom of the page and select 'Export vCard, nothing happens, no dialog box to select where to export to, nothing. I have restarted the computer but still, nothing happens. How can I make this work, please?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 10:13 AM

Hi there, Robin! Thank you for posting this question to the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand your situation and how you have been unable to export your contacts from the iCloud website. We’re happy to help you research a solution. 

As a possible solution, we may suggest attempting to export your contacts from a different web browser. 

If you are noticing the same issue from a second browser, you can attempt to export your contacts directly from the Contacts app on your Mac. The following Apple Support article explains how you can complete this process: 

Export or archive contacts in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this information puts you on a path to success. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers! 

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 10:13 AM in response to Robin Helmond

Hi there, Robin! Thank you for posting this question to the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand your situation and how you have been unable to export your contacts from the iCloud website. We’re happy to help you research a solution. 

As a possible solution, we may suggest attempting to export your contacts from a different web browser. 

If you are noticing the same issue from a second browser, you can attempt to export your contacts directly from the Contacts app on your Mac. The following Apple Support article explains how you can complete this process: 

Export or archive contacts in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this information puts you on a path to success. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers! 

Mar 16, 2021 5:03 PM in response to Robin Helmond

Thanks for keeping us updated on your situation, Robin! We’re glad to hear that you were able to find a solution by downloading your contacts using a different web browser. 

You can find suggestions for working with Safari in the following Apple Support article: 

If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Please let us know if we can help with anything else! 

Have a great day! 

Mar 16, 2021 5:03 PM in response to Robin Helmond

Thanks for keeping us updated on your situation, Robin! We’re glad to hear that you were able to find a solution by downloading your contacts using a different web browser. 

You can find suggestions for working with Safari in the following Apple Support article: 

If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Please let us know if we can help with anything else! 

Have a great day! 

Mar 16, 2021 3:46 PM in response to Joseph_S.

I couldn't use Contacts on my Mac because I want to export my entire contacts list so I can populate Google mail.

On your advice, I tried another browser, but Chrome didn't work either. So I tried Firefox. Great, it worked. I was able to export my entire iCloud contacts in a single vCard. It put it into my downloads folder without telling me where it was saving it. I have read elsewhere that is where it would end up.

So I have achieved what I needed, thank you.

But why wouldn't Safari work, of all browsers?

Exporting Contacts from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.