Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot export iCloud contacts

Hello,

I am trying to export my contacts from iCloud, following this minimal documentation: icloud

This is what I am doing in iCloud.com on my Mac running macOS 12.5 and Safari 15.6

1. Access iCloud contacts
  2. Select All Contacts in the side bar
  3. Click the Gear in the sidebar, then choose Select All. This appears to highlight all my contacts.
  4. Click the Gear in the sidebar, then choose Export vCard.

Nothing happens after this. The documentation does say what is supposed to happen or where I can find the created .vcf file. I can't find the file in my downloads folders on either iCloud.com or my Mac. Can't find the .vcf file anywhere else on my Mac.

How do I complete this task?

Thank you.

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 3:30 PM

6 replies

Aug 12, 2022 6:43 PM in response to Jaym_8

In safari preferences > downloads > in websites , click on drop down arrows in front of it if it's denied , when exporting of contacts as v card will not work , however a flash will shown in extreme right corner on top window of safari preferences window , select as allow ( or if you click on ask the pop window will appear ) .

Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Downloads

• Ask: The site must ask before it starts a download.
  • Deny: The site can’t download.
  • Allow: The site can always download .

Aug 12, 2022 10:35 AM in response to mediacanyon

Hello mediacanyon,

Are you using Safari? If so, in Safari > Preferences > Websites > Pop-up Windows, do you currently have anything set to "Block"? If so, make sure everything is set to "Allow", then quit Safari and restart the computer.

Once it's back up, test out the contact export again. If the website is still giving no response after you press the Export vCard option, you'd want to contact Apple to report that issue: Get Support

Cheers!

Cannot export iCloud contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.