Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup password

Hello,

I want to restore a backup on my iPhone and it's asking for a backup password although I haven't put one during the backup operation.

Has anyone an answer to this issue ?

Thanks for your support

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 3:39 PM

It won't ask for a backup password every time you backup..

At some point though, you chose to encrypt your backups, which would have required a password.

It could have been years ago.

The good news is that there should be no limit to the number of guesses you get. If you set up a password hint at the time, it should appear for you. so take a stab by entering some of your commonly used passwords or variations of it?

Then to reset the password for future backups, use the link in the Related Article at the top of the page (which you may have already been viewing)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 3:39 PM in response to oussama80

It won't ask for a backup password every time you backup..

At some point though, you chose to encrypt your backups, which would have required a password.

It could have been years ago.

The good news is that there should be no limit to the number of guesses you get. If you set up a password hint at the time, it should appear for you. so take a stab by entering some of your commonly used passwords or variations of it?

Then to reset the password for future backups, use the link in the Related Article at the top of the page (which you may have already been viewing)

Backup password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.