Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Reminder Label Options

There are four choices when you want to label a Reminder on the Apple Watch: Dictate, Scribble, Emoji, and Keyboard. When you press “Keyboard”, is says “Finish entering text on your iOS device”, BUT I never see a prompt on my iPhone to allow me to enter text. Why is this not working...? /Ray in San Diego 😎🌴⛱😎

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 10:00 PM

Wow and thanks - that was a good test case now! Yes I can confirm that editing an alarm label popped up the keyboard icon, and I was able to complete that task on my iPhone afterwards.

So why is it not working for you, that's a tougher question. You could try hard reset of your iPhone, or unpairing and pairing again. In any case this seems to me like a feature that is on it's way out, since that keyboard appears in very special circumstances and places only.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2021 10:00 PM in response to rbvrabel

Wow and thanks - that was a good test case now! Yes I can confirm that editing an alarm label popped up the keyboard icon, and I was able to complete that task on my iPhone afterwards.

So why is it not working for you, that's a tougher question. You could try hard reset of your iPhone, or unpairing and pairing again. In any case this seems to me like a feature that is on it's way out, since that keyboard appears in very special circumstances and places only.

Apr 4, 2021 2:41 PM in response to better_half

This is still an option for me, but I never see a way to actually figure out how to do it on my iPhone. Once when I originally tried this, I did see a notification promote on my iPhone, but never again. Always running latest public version of iOS. See crude screen shots. That feature doesn't work on my Watch either.../Ray in San Diego 😎🌴⛱😎

Apr 5, 2021 10:09 AM in response to better_half

Juha6464,

Unpairing and pairing FIXED the problem I was having with the iPhone text entry of a Reminder Label. Now, when I press on the little keyboard icon after entering the watch reminder label mode, I get a notification at the top of my iPhone that allows me to enter the desired label text on the iPhone keyboard. Yippee!!!

Unfortunately, that did NOT resolve the issue with performing a screenshot of the watch display. I have screenshots enabled in the Watch app on the iPhone, but whenever I push on both the side button and the crown at the same time, I never get a screen recording and instead either get result you would expect from pressing either the side button or the crown once. 😢 Any other suggestions...?

Ray

Apr 5, 2021 8:18 PM in response to rbvrabel

Awesome, great to hear of your success there.

For the screenshot issue, yes that can be tricky. Has it ever worked for you? I usually click the digital crown first (and keep it pressed) and then click the side button. Somewhat similar to iPhone, keeping the side button pressed and then clicking on Home.

Needless to say, works a lot better if you first disable Siri activation by the digital crown ;-)

If that doesn't work at all however, then we have another problem!

Apple Watch Reminder Label Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.