Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi greyed out and only get it back when turning off the phone and plugging a charger

So, I noticed that my wifi cuts off and is unable to find any networks after I unplug a charger or earbuds. The only way to get it to work again is to turn off my phone, then plug in the charger and wait for it to reboot. This works until I unplug the charger. This trick does not work with earbuds.

Steps I have tried, all of these I have tried several times

Reboot my router.

Check that wifi itself is working on other devices and it is.

Reset network settings on the iPhone.

Factory reset the iPhone.

Download and install the most recent ios update (14.4.1).

Device is iPhone 8 plus.

Ps. Worth noting that I have not experienced any other issues related to the charger port such as not detecting earbuds or the charger, never.

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 7:12 AM

arrange a repair

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

Anything other than Screen or Battery will be a replacement phone and the price will depend on your warranty status.

2 replies

Apr 3, 2021 6:55 AM in response to Zx820

Just had this issue earlier today. I’m using an iPhone 12 and was still connected to my home wi-fi in the morning. When I got to my workplace I tried to use the wi-fi but found out my wi-fi button was greyed-out.

Tried all the reset steps available but still same issue.

Tried to install the latest software 14.4.2 still no improvement.

Called apple support and told me to book an appointment with their tech.

Just had this phone for less than a month.

Wifi greyed out and only get it back when turning off the phone and plugging a charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.