Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-sync watch workout activities to the iPhone

Hi,

Ok, so long time apple watch and iPhone user. I've used the Apple watch to track fitness for years, initially with an S2 watch and now on an S5 watch. For a long time it's been pretty flawless in operation. However recently; a week ago and now today, I have done 2 runs which have not shown up in the Activity app on the phone.

After both events I have started another workout(indoor walk) and this has transferred correctly to the iPhone's activity app.

The question is: Can you get the phone/watch to re-sync missing workouts?

Apple Watch S5 Cellular software 7.3.2

iPhone 11 IOS 14.4

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:52 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

That is about all you can do in this case.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Tuneap

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

That is about all you can do in this case.

Mar 15, 2021 1:25 PM in response to Community User

Thanks for that, but I need them in the activity app. My Vitality heath insurance reads the workouts from there, and if I don't complete so many workouts, it ends up costing me money. Plus as a runner I like to see the routes I've ran to analyse my running. Manually adding won't show things like heart rate and mapping information.

Mar 15, 2021 1:30 PM in response to javaliga

Hi Javaliga,

It looks like it must be incomplete in someway on my watch.

I unpaired/re-paired my watch, restoring the backup from 20:00 this evening. In doing so it has restored the indoor walk(which I did to test the syncing), but the run is missing. It's now happened twice in the space of about a week, so keen to avoid it happening. I'll be gutted if it doesn't record a long run.

Re-sync watch workout activities to the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.