Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird issue with “reduce loud sounds”

Hi

im having some issues with the “reduce loud sounds” feature on my Apple tv. After some time it just stop working and the only way that i can get it to work is by restarting.

I dont know when or why it stops working but it does. And when it happens i cant switch it on or off in the menu (it defaults back to the setting it was on) and when i try in the apps (Netflix, amazon and so on) there is no audible difference.

Am i the only one with the issue?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 3:04 PM

I have had that settings both on and off for extended periods of time without issue. It is audio post-processing for the whole device, and should therefore work equally across all apps. What is causing your issue is likely isolated to your setup. If you can’t find a remedy otherwise, then you may need to reset the device.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 3:04 PM in response to SimonHolmR

I have had that settings both on and off for extended periods of time without issue. It is audio post-processing for the whole device, and should therefore work equally across all apps. What is causing your issue is likely isolated to your setup. If you can’t find a remedy otherwise, then you may need to reset the device.

Weird issue with “reduce loud sounds”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.