Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Hallo,

I have a question regarding the software update Big Sur v11.2.3. The Software update is hanging with the massage "Preparing MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3" about 10 minutes remaining" for the last 1 h.

I already reboted the computer twice. It didn't help.

I'm using MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)

Any suggestion solving the problem?

Kind regards,

Yigal

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 9:23 AM

5 replies

Mar 17, 2021 9:10 AM in response to yigal146

Hi yigal146,

We see you're attempting to install an update to macOS Big Sur, but it has stalled for an hour and through two restarts.

Take a look through the tips here:

If after following through those steps including booting into safe mode, you're still unable boot back into your desktop, we'd recommend reinstalling macOS.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Mar 17, 2021 11:00 AM in response to yigal146

Disconnect All external drives and Shutdown computer. Connect to Charger and restart holding the - Shift - Key Immediately. This is Safe Mode and it does a Repair Disk, Clears cache files and Only loads Apple Software and Fonts. It will load slowly - Normal. If all goes to plan - this process may or may not allow the update process to complete successfully.

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.