Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air clicking.

I have a 2015 Macbook air. My problem is that when I try to click on something it will either keep highlighting everying or not do anything and wont let me click on anything anymore.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 6:40 PM

IrisL2814 Said:

"MacBook Air clicking.: I have a 2015 Macbook air. My problem is that when I try to click on something it will either keep highlighting everying or not do anything and wont let me click on anything anymore."

-------

What to Try:

A. Use an External Keyboard:

Have access to an external keyboard? If not, ask a friend or whomever, if you may use theirs. You may need to use this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Then...

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. formats), system configurations (i.e. for the keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. So, reset your SMC and reset your NVRAM. Then, try pressing the keys once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 6:40 PM in response to IrisL2814

IrisL2814 Said:

"MacBook Air clicking.: I have a 2015 Macbook air. My problem is that when I try to click on something it will either keep highlighting everying or not do anything and wont let me click on anything anymore."

-------

What to Try:

A. Use an External Keyboard:

Have access to an external keyboard? If not, ask a friend or whomever, if you may use theirs. You may need to use this adapter: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Then...

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. formats), system configurations (i.e. for the keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. So, reset your SMC and reset your NVRAM. Then, try pressing the keys once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

MacBook Air clicking.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.