Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Can No Longer See AirPort Express in AirPlay Device List

Since updating to iOS 14. 4 I can no longer see my AirPort Express that is joined to my main wireless network (it's not an extension of the main network nor a separate network). The Airport Express was used to stream music to my SONOS speakers via the audio out cable. The AirPort Express would show up in the list of available AirPlay devices. Now only the AppleTV shows up in the list. Is there a solution to this issue? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 6:43 AM

Try to reinstall 14.4.2 if possible and then power off and restart the entire network.....all devices. You may need to Erase All Content and Settings on the iOS device and then restore it from a backup.

If you are still having problems, you have an iOS issue, not an AirPort issue. Nothing changed on the AirPort. Please post over in the iOS support forum linked below for more help.

Using iPhone

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2021 6:43 AM in response to Dozzy Foggy

Try to reinstall 14.4.2 if possible and then power off and restart the entire network.....all devices. You may need to Erase All Content and Settings on the iOS device and then restore it from a backup.

If you are still having problems, you have an iOS issue, not an AirPort issue. Nothing changed on the AirPort. Please post over in the iOS support forum linked below for more help.

Using iPhone

Mar 17, 2021 10:11 AM in response to WETinNOLA

Since updating to iOS 14. 4 I can no longer see my AirPort Express that is joined to my main wireless network....

Not an AirPort Express issue......(nothing changed on the AirPort Express).....it is an iOS issue. Welcome to the iOS 14.4 club, where Apple broke things that were working fine before. Not all users are affected of course, but we have seen any number of posts about this issue. There are no sure fire solutions.

So that we don't waste your time asking you to perform troubleshooting steps that you have already done, could you please list the actions that you have already tried?

iOS 14 Can No Longer See AirPort Express in AirPlay Device List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.