Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to log out of of an iPad which has an invalid Apple ID and account is locked for security reasons?

Does anyone know how I can log out of an iPad which has an invalid Apple ID and account is locked for security reasons?

Ive decided to give my very old iPad to a relative as I haven’t used it in years. When I first got the IPad I was using my dads apple account and since he’s updated his email address and when I try to erase and take the iPad back to factory settings it’s asking me to

log out of find my iPhone/iPad but it’s got my dads old email address in and we don’t know the password it’s saying the Apple ID is not invalid and the account is locked and we can’t go any further and can’t change the password

anyone got any ideas on what we can do?

Thanks

iPad

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 4:45 PM

You need to start by resolving the AppleID account that is locked:

If your Apple ID has been locked or disabled – Apple Support

If you intend to reuse the iPad with a different AppleID, such as giving the iPad to a new owner, you would be advised to prepare it properly for reuse - as this will ensure that the Activation Lock associated with the original AppleID is removed, along with all data and other sensitive information:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 4:45 PM in response to lozza567

You need to start by resolving the AppleID account that is locked:

If your Apple ID has been locked or disabled – Apple Support

If you intend to reuse the iPad with a different AppleID, such as giving the iPad to a new owner, you would be advised to prepare it properly for reuse - as this will ensure that the Activation Lock associated with the original AppleID is removed, along with all data and other sensitive information:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

How to log out of of an iPad which has an invalid Apple ID and account is locked for security reasons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.