Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit card change

Would like to change credit card for payment

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 2:45 PM

4 replies

Apr 9, 2021 8:57 PM in response to BVM-sty-wm2

BVM-sty-wm2 Said:

"I had my VISA credit card stolen. My Apple iphone will not let me update my new replacement VISA number or my Mastercard number. ... Please advise."

-------

Where to Go from Here:

You need at lease one method of payment assigned you your Apple Account. So, add your new card, and then delete this one.

Whom to Contact:

A. Your Bank:

Contact your financial institution (i.e. bank) that this card pertains. Perhaps this is being seen as a scam, though that is not the case. Let them know that all is okay to be followed through with.

B. Contact Apple Support:

For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Support. These are user-to-user forums. We are not Apple.  Apple barely reads these site on their own time, as it is. So, talking to Apple, they will see this from their side, and will run you through the fix. Here is the information for contacting Apple Support:

Apple Phone Support:

II. Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

III. Screenshare with the Apple Rep

To easily show the Apple Rep what is going on here, request a prompt for a screensharing session with the Apple Rep. That will allow them to see this firsthand, and upfront. Show this user through screensharing your Mac. Show them any paperwork or hover over something, through screensharing your iPhone.

Learn more at these links: 

Credit card change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.